Senior data and visualisation developer, Eleanor Jarvis calls for participants to help us with our next product co-design for the higher education sector.
My colleague, Rhodri Rowlands, and I, are using co-design at Jisc to collaborate with the higher education (HE) sector on developing new business intelligence (BI) for delivery through Heidi Plus. We are kicking off a new round of development off in September, and would like to invite staff at higher education providers and HE sector bodies, to participate.
The product theme
The theme that we will be working on for this strand of co-design development is the topic of undergraduate to postgraduate progression for UK based students. We want to make this data, which relies on linking student records across multiple years and providers, accessible to the sector.
The online co-design sessions are scheduled for:
- Co-design kick-off Wednesday 14th September 09:30 – 12:30
- Co-design session 2 Wednesday 28th September 10:00 – 12:00
- Co-design session 3 Tuesday 11th October 10:00 – 12:00
- Showcase Thursday 16th October 14:00 – 15:30
In order to take part in co-design, we are asking for a £500 participation fee. This includes your first year’s subscription to the developed dashboards and supports commitment across the co-design project.
In the co-design sessions we will use design thinking and agile development to:
- Scope out the essential features for this BI to be successful
- Get into the minds of the dashboard’s audience by crafting user stories and mapping out user journeys
- Use prioritisation techniques to ensure that the most important questions are answered by the dashboard
- Continuously validate design and development decisions
- Use a range of tools and activities that enable us to collaboratively develop a high value and purposeful dashboard
- Use anonymised and synthetic HESA data to construct realistic prototypes ready for release to the sector through Heidi Plus
How to sign up
Please use this link to register your interest, and I will send through calendar invitations to the sessions.
Please reach out to Rhodri (email@example.com) or myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions at all.
Author – Eleanor Jarvis, Senior data and visualisation developer, Jisc.